Thursday, July 25, 2013

Thursday's Coffee: L.S.D. (not really)

I'm SO not a runner. I'm a walker.

I don't have fancy Nikes or a jogging suit. I have more body fat than any runner should be allowed. I'm pretty sure I'd be disqualified in a long distance marathon after five minutes. We had a great laugh together when my cousin visited this weekend and presented me with a house gift:

Do you see the label: "Runner's High, get high before your L.S.D. Run." Seriously, what is IN this coffee? Then in small print I see it: Long, Slow, Distance. 

Long. Slow. Distance. It's just the thing I need to make it to my writing finish line before ACFW writing conference in September. I think the idea is basically--slow and steady wins the race. Yep, that's what I need. I'm sweating it to finish up edits, and the preparations that go with queries for agents and editors. This is supposed to be fun, right?

But did you ever see a runner looking like it was fun? Not me. 
Coffee--yes. Running--not so much. Writing?--I'm working on it, one step at a time. And now I'm armed with all I need to reach the finish.

What about you? Do you run?
What makes it fun?
Do you have goals this year? Personal or otherwise?
How are you reaching them?

(Disclaimer: in no way is this post intended to endorse the use/abuse of LSD or other harmful or otherwise illegal substances)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blog post by Anne Love-
Writer of Historical Romance inspired by her family roots. 
Nurse Practitioner by day. 
Wife, mother, writer by night. 
Coffee drinker--any time.
Find me on:Facebook
Find me on: Pinterest
Find me on: Goodreads
Find me on: Twitter




2 comments:

  1. I ran cross-country during high school (9th-12th grade) and I miss running like that, a lot! I am hoping to get back into a steady running routine starting this Fall. My goal would simply be to return to running on a consistent basis and hopefully participate in several 5k races throughout the next year. I find myself day dreaming about running often - it's pretty sad. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Day-dreaming about running. I could do that!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Hey friend! Please leave a comment, no lurking allowed ;)