Monday, July 22, 2013

Blessed Quietness

I must have been created with  a hefty need for quietness. Or perhaps everyone is created with the same need and only some take the time for it?

I crave quietness after forty hours of talking to people all week. The first place I go after work this summer is my back patio. It's the sanctuary in the chaos, the heaven in my everyday world.

This weekend, the words of this hymn kept rolling through my mind as I watched these butterflies and studied the amazing patterns painted on their wings that beat without a sound.


Blessed Quietness


Joys are flowing like a river,
Since the Comforter has come;
He abides with us forever,
Makes the trusting heart His home.

Refrain:
Blessed quietness, holy quietness,
Blest assurance in my soul!
On the stormy sea, *Jesus speaks to me, [*He speaks peace to me,]
And the billows cease to roll.

Everything is turned to gladness,
All around this glorious Guest;
Banished unbelief and sadness,
All is perfect peace and rest.

Like the rain that falls from heaven,
Like the sunlight from the sky,
So the Holy Spirit given,
Falls upon us from on high.

What a wonderful salvation,
Where we always see His face!
What a peaceful habitation!
What a quiet resting-place!

~by Manie P. Ferguson, 1897

Take some time for quietness this week.
See what God speaks to you.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blog post by Anne Love-
Writer of Historical Romance inspired by her family roots. 
Nurse Practitioner by day. 
Wife, mother, writer by night. 
Coffee drinker--any time.
Find me on:Facebook
Find me on: Pinterest
Find me on: Goodreads
Find me on: Twitter


2 comments:

  1. Wonderful, Anne! I had a pretty quiet weekend...and I loved every second of it.

    ReplyDelete

Hey friend! Please leave a comment, no lurking allowed ;)