Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Who Is Your War Hero?

Yesterday being the day we remember fallen soldiers who have paved the way for our freedom, got me to reminiscing about those who sacrifice their lives for us. It's such a picture of the "Greater love has no man than this, that he lay down his life for his friend". 

My Dad's  cousin was in Vietnam. He flew planes in on reconnaissance missions and his tag line every time he left base was "tally-ho". They were the last words ever heard from him. He disappeared--MIA. Still MIA today.

Coming from a family of ARMY vets, I look back and see how blessed we were and are to not have experienced much loss. With a Grandfather and three great-uncles serving in WWII from the Philippines to Normandy, they all came home. My Dad and my uncle served in the Vietnam War; they also came home.

But how many losses have families experienced over the years? Empty beds, closets of clothes never to be worn again, pictures frozen in time...

Today as we start our week, others are struggling to find the emotional strength to begin theirs. May we be ever grateful.

Who is your war hero?

______________________________________


Jaime Wright -

Writer of Historical Romance stained with suspense. Youth leader. Professional Coffee Drinker. Works in HR and specializes in sarcasm :)

Find me on Twitter
Find me on Facebook
Find me on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey friend! Please leave a comment, no lurking allowed ;)