Thursday, April 18, 2013

What's Your Tea?

I know it's Thursday, and the routine is that we chat about coffee today.

Except I'm feeling somber, and couldn't think about a fun bubbly coffee post this week when I heard about the Boston Bombing. I kept thinking about tea because the only other violence I recall in Boston is the Boston Tea Party and the Massacre. I'm not an expert historian, but in case you don't recall the Massacre happened when a group of rebels attacked British soldiers. It was the focal point of the events that led up to growing public resistance and finally to the Revolution.

This week's bombing happened during the celebration of Patriot's Day, the day we celebrate the first battles of the American Revolution at Lexington and Concord.

I raise my teacup to remember the freedom that was bought for me with a heavy price of sacrifice. I bend my knee in prayer for those who lost loved ones this week in Boston, and the wounded who are recovering from their wounds.


Some of my ancestors came to this country in 1710 to find freedom of religion and freedom from persecution. Some of my husband's ancestors fought in the Revolution to give them that freedom. While the rest of us wait to learn who might be responsible, we wonder about the future of our freedom.

Let us not forget the freedom we have.  John 8:36: "If the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed." There is no law or action of mankind that can defeat this kind of freedom.

I challenge you all to make a cup of tea. Say prayers for Boston and for those you know as you drink your tea.

Feel free to add a prayer here for those affected.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey friend! Please leave a comment, no lurking allowed ;)