Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Interview with Roseanna M. White

If you haven't yet met Roseanna M. White, you have missed out! 

I stumbled on her amazing work when I read Love Finds You in Annapolis, MD. 

Her writing is tight, her characters are layered, and her wit is intelligent and thought provoking. 

Meet Roseanna here today and come back on Friday this week for the review and chance to win her latest release: Ring of Secrets.


1) What made you fall in love with writing? 


 I’ve always loved it, since primary school. And as I listed my dream 
jobs when I was a kid, “and write books” was always tacked on to my 
answer of what I wanted to do when I grew up. Eventually I
ditched the other stuff and just went with my heart. =) 


 2)Your all time favorite book?


 I don’t know that I can choose! Might be Pride and Prejudice. Or Jane 
Eyre. Or The Mark of the Lion Series. Or...no, just can’t choose, LOL. 
Too many awesome books to pick just one! 


 3) How did you stumble upon the idea for your latest release? 


 My hubby was watching something or another on the History Channel that 
mentioned the Culper Ring, and he told me about them. I was writing my 
first Revolutionary era book at the time, so he knew I’d be intrigued by 
George Washington’s spies. =) At first I wondered if I could find a way 
to work them into a story I was already working on, but then I decided 
they were way too cool to play backup and needed their own book. So then 
it was a matter of creating my fictional characters that could work with 
the historical figures. 


4) If you could  rewind your life, knowing what you know now about 
writing, what would you tell yourself? 


 I would learn the rules earlier, and tell myself from the get-go that I 
had to let go of the idea that I knew best how my stories should go. It 
took me a lot of years to be ready to accept feedback, but it’s a 
necessary skill in this industry of edits upon edits! 

5) Have you done any travel for the sake of researching for your 
stories? 


 I have, though not as much as I’d like. =) I got to play tourist in 
Annapolis when I was writing Love Finds You in Annapolis, Maryland, and 
I did some exploring in the Outer Banks for a yet-unpublished 
contemporary set there. Otherwise, my research has all been online or 
through books. Though I’ve discovered that YouTube is a fabulous way to 
see places I can’t get to myself!
 

BIO:
Roseanna M. White pens her novels under the Betsy Ross flag hanging above her desk, with her Jane Austen action figure watching over her. When she isn’t writing fiction, she’s editing it for WhiteFire Publishing or reviewing it for the Christian Review of Books, both of which she co-founded with her husband. www.roseannawhite.com
So, come back Friday for more.....
_________________________________________________________________________________
Anne Love-
Writer of Historical Romance inspired by her family roots. Nurse Practitioner by day. Wife, mother, writer by night. Coffee drinker--any time.

4 comments:

  1. I love that title! Great to meet you, Roseanna!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun interview! Thanks for introducing me to another author. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I'm so excited to intro Roseanna to people who haven't read her! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm really excited! I've not read Roseanna's books but these sound great! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey friend! Please leave a comment, no lurking allowed ;)