Thursday, January 24, 2013

What's Your Frozen Coffee?

BBBBRRRRrrrrrrr! My son tells me that yesterday marked the lowest sustained cold temperatures in the last four years. We registered 5 degrees fahrenheit, with a minus ten degrees windchill!
www.myiphone5wallpaper.com

We had both wood stoves cranked up and toasty--and YET, I came home and reached for some--YEP--frozen coffee in the form of Schwan's coffee flavored ice cream. I served it up on top of dark chocolate pudding cake. Followed by a hot decaf coffee--YUM! But I'm not really a frappuccino lover. Any ice coffee lovers out there? Isn't that supposed to be for hot summer days? What was I thinking eating coffee ice cream on such a frigid night?

Sweet indulgence...
An interruption in the mundaneness of gray winter weather I suppose. Isn't that the same reason we love to read a great story? 

Some women are shoe ladies, or shopaholics.
Me? Amazon.com---I just discovered the "1-click purchase" button--my cursor slipped over it and oops! Guess I just preordered:

--The Heiress of Winterwood by Sarah Ladd  Preview at Amazon!
--To Whisper Her Name by Tamara Alexander Preview at Amazon!
--Wishing on Willows by Katie Ganshert Preview here!
--It Happened at the Fair by Deeanne Gist Preview peek!

I still have some sweet indulgence to finish up from 2012 before the 2013 ones start rolling in. 
Such as:

--A Change of Fortune by Jen Turano
--The Messenger by Siri Mitchell
and I want to read the first if Julie Lessman's Winds of Change series so I can catch up:
--A Hope Undaunted

We want to know--what's on your wish list? 
What's on your TBR pile?
Please share your sweet indulgences!
What was the lowest temperature where you live this week?





8 comments:

  1. ANNE!!! Bless you for including AHU on your TBR, my friend -- I have to admit, it's my very favorite of all the books I've written, so I hope you like it too. I don't know if you read book 3 in The Daughters of Boston, A Passion Denied, or not, but if you did, you will be familiar with the hero. It's none other than Cluny McGee all grown up as a drop-dead gorgeous lawyer who butts heads with Katie more than he ever did as a skinny but charming street rat. He and Mitch are my favorite heroes that I've written, so I'd love to hear what you think.

    And absolutely EVERY one of the books you mentioned above are on my TBR too, so looks like we have similar tastes, but I gotta tell you -- I just finished reading Sarah Ladd's The Heiress of Winterwood for endorsement and HOLY COW, what an INCREDIBLE debut, truly!!! A mix of Georgette Heyer and Julie Klassen and OH, sooooo good!!

    Thanks again for reading AHU. HAPPY READING!!

    Hugs,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so welcome Julie! I'll keep you posted on my progress!
      That makes me even more anxious to read Sarah's book!

      Delete
  2. My very favorite cold coffee drink is the frozen cappuccino you get at Joe Muggs at Books A Million, where I can also indulge in my favorite hobby, reading! I almost always take the capp home and put it in my freezer. After a couple of hours (or days) I take it out and eat it with a soup, so yummy!
    Here in Tuscaloosa, Alabama (home of the national champion Crimson Tide) it got all the way down to 42 degrees this week. Brrrr....but I still like my frozen capp, winter or summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry, didn't proof-read. I meant to say I take it out and eat it with a spoon, not with a soup!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think we are supposed to hit 42 next week--for a high! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It only got down to the 20s in eastern Washington. I review books on my blog as I read them, but have no specific new titles in mind. I'm currently reading a book called "Friends and Neighbors" by Tony Kriz. I am always looking for reviewers for my own book(s). My first is "A Train Called Forgiveness." The second comes out soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anne! Oy my goodness! Thank you so much for pre-ordering The Heiress of Winterwood! I really hope you like it.

    Hmmmm....several of your TBR books are also in my TBR pile! That one-click ordering is dangerous, isn't it? :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. And, yeah, that was supposed to be "OH" my goodness! Maybe I need more coffee ... :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey friend! Please leave a comment, no lurking allowed ;)