Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Sisters Unite

Jaime is sick today and can't post. So I'm throwing this post up at 5:55 a.m. Indiana time. Who actually forms thought at this time in the morning right? 

Well, I'm just going to share some thought fragments from my near-subconscious this morning. A favorite poem of mine is e.e.cummings i carry your heart. I've always loved him as a poet, but the scene in In Her Shoes where Cameron Diaz learns to read and does this poem as she thinks about her sister--is quite certainly her best performance ever.

Another thought fragment--my dear friends have just lost their 37 year old sister and sister-in-law to an apparent sudden heart attack this week. Cut short, we weep with them for the lost moments that would have been.

Let us all be reminded to lift one another up in prayer and with love--to carry one another in our hearts--whether we only suffer an icky cold, or when we suffer heart wrenching loss.


i carry your heart with me(i carry it in
my heart)i am never without it(anywhere
i go you go,my dear; and whatever is done
by only me is your doing,my darling)
 
i fear no fate(for you are my fate,my sweet)i want
no world(for beautiful you are my world,my true)
and it's you are whatever a moon has always meant
and whatever a sun will always sing is you
 
here is the deepest secret nobody knows
(here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud
and the sky of the sky of a tree called life;which grows
higher than the soul can hope or mind can hide)
and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart
 
i carry your heart(i carry it in my heart)
 
- e. e. cummings ~
 
 
(Complete Poems, 1904-1962)

Please join me and post a short prayer for a sister who's in your heart today. Let's unite in prayer.

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful poem.

    One of my friend's sister-in-law is in danger from high blood pressure after having a baby. Doctors are concerned and can't seem to get it controlled. She's in danger. How sad with a sweet newborn at home. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sigh.
    Prayers said for your friends, and Lindsay's friend too.

    But , my sister? Willingly has turned her back on our whole family. She occasionally speaks to my father. When he calls her. She rarely allows her two teen age kids to call my dad. They are NOT allowed to speak to my mom. Why? WHY? Mom lost her temper with my niece six years ago. And that is literally enough for my sister to build a wall.
    Sad, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lindsay--I join you in prayer. Lord, we lift Lindsay's friend for your healing touch, we ask for medical wisdom and no complications, for good emotional and spiritual bonding between the lives of this new family that You created.

    Jennifer--I join you in prayer. Lord, we lift up Jennifer's sister to you. As friends and family members we lift this paralyzed relationship to you just as friends lifted the paralytic to you, pass the throngs of people, through the roof--for your healing touch. We loosen a new spiritual forgiveness in her life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I must truly be sick today. i'm reading this post and these comments and bawling my eyes out ... prayers to all. we ARE sisters at heart!

    ReplyDelete

Hey friend! Please leave a comment, no lurking allowed ;)