Tuesday, December 11, 2012

When The World Ends

Thx to freedigitalphotos.net!
Garsh I love Christmas! This seems to be Christmas Kick-Off week at the CCC Blog and I'm so excited! Too bad the world ends next Friday. December 21st was the end of the world to the Mayans ... or maybe they just ran out of carving space on their calendar. Wouldn't that be a lark? I can just see it. The calendar carver turns to his pal and says, "Dude, I ran out of space. That's gonna mess people up bad someday".

When the world ends I hope to be content, at peace, and ready to face my Maker. When the world ends I want to be holding my babies and embracing my husband. When the world ends, I want to look at my life with no regrets and look into eternity with thrill. When the world ends ... I'll be ready.

In the meantime!! IT'S CHRISTMAS!!! A time to celebrate! So, are you ready? Are you ready to face the holidays with joy that comes from welcoming an everlasting Savior? Are you ready to remember the gift He brought--Himself? Are you available to be moulded into a person who sheds the Light during a Christmas season that can be so dark to so many? Sometimes this season SEEMS to really be the end of the world as some people know it. Tragedy, sorrow, anxieties, stress, overwhelmed fatigue ... it IS the end of the world as we know it. Christmas has ushered in a new world, a new Hope! Like Anne wrote yesterday, do you see it? Do you see that Hope?

I hope your world as you know it ends today ... and the newness of the Christmas BLESSING which is Jesus transforms an otherwise traditional Christmas.

How has Jesus transformed your Christmas and brought an end to your tarnished world?

3 comments:

  1. Great point Jaime! Wow that really fills up my cup!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read through the Bible this year--so I'm in Revelation right now. I'll probably finish up right around the 21st. Weird. Now I have that R.E.M. song in my head. "It's the end of the world as we know it, and I feel fine." :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL Julie. I'm working on my Bible read through. I cheer on anyone else who's trying and those that think they want to start in January!!

    ReplyDelete

Hey friend! Please leave a comment, no lurking allowed ;)