Wednesday, December 19, 2012
Top 5 Christmas Memories of Childhood
1. When I was about four, believing my great uncle Bud when he had me listen for the sound of the
reindeer feet on the roof.
2. My grandmother Emma's gifts were always wrapped in the "Sunday Funnies" newspaper instead of
3. That blinding old fashioned flash bulb on grandpa Dick's camera when he took pics while we
4. Laying on the floor between the stereo speakers, staring out the window at snow while listening to
Johnny Mathis's Merry Christmas album on long play.
5. Getting a beanbag and my first pair of bell bottom jeans.
Now guess what year I was born! (okay, don't). Think way back in time!
It's not that I really believed there were reindeer and a Santa. It's that life was simple and innocent enough that I could have believed it if I'd wanted to.
What are your favorite childhood memories of Christmas?