Thursday, November 1, 2012

What's Your Coffee Origin?

More from my trip to Philadelphia last week...

My mom and I stumbled on this great little boutique full of quaint home decor we loved.
We had to snap a picture of this funny little sign. 


It's a little blurry, but it says: "Coffee was discovered by a goat! More specifically a young goat herder in the 9th century. He noticed the goats eating the cherries from the coffee tree and acting strangely so he tried it for himself."

So, I guess for you non-coffee sluggers, now you know why Jaime and I act so strangely! Haha!

Conversation point today--do you know the origins of your indulgences?

Tea was apparently discovered in 2737 B. C. when dried leaves blew into the cup of hot water of Chinese Emperor Shen Nung.

Chocolate was discovered some 3000 years ago by the Aztecs. 

What's your indulgence? Do you know its origins?

Don't forget:
Here's one of our favorites thing! ANITA HIGMAN'S NEW BOOK "A Merry Little Christmas"! Cute in its hardback binding, warm 1960's flavor, and sentimental romance. We'll be interviewing Anita on Friday and guess what? We're giving away THREE COPIES of this Christmas story! Comment every day and your name will be entered once for every comment! Winners will be announced Monday, 11/5! (Sorry, US citizens only) 

12 comments:

  1. So cute. I also like those little bowls behind the sign :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL about people acting strangely once they've had coffee...guess that means I'm NOT as crazy as some. Hehe. Then again, I am sure other things make me crazy...

    ReplyDelete
  3. The coffee shop where I write roasts the beans right there. There are sacks and sacks of green colored coffee beans waiting to be roasted. And the place smells soooo good on Saturday mornings when they roast up for the week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad to know I'm in goat company. Okay, that was a terribly cheesy joke, I'm sorry. Seriously, though, what an interest story, Anne! I'll never drink my coffee the same way again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh, I was supposed to get this but it never arrived. I really really want to read this one and I'm not even that fond of Christmas themed books, but it's the 1960s era that grabbed my attention.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love my coffee with skim milk and sugar-free syrup. My favorite 1-point WW indulgence.

    julesreffner(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete

Hey friend! Please leave a comment, no lurking allowed ;)