Monday, November 19, 2012

Precious in His Eyes

* winner of Erica Vetsch's book is: "theycallmemommy"! Congrats!!

Zephaniah 3:17
English Standard Version (ESV)

17 The Lord your God is in your midst,
a mighty one who will save;
he will rejoice over you with gladness;
he will quiet you by his love;
he will exult over you with loud singing.
Anne gave me this verse yesterday and I have been dwelling on it since then. The beauty of the relationship of God to His child is so prevalent here in this Scripture. Seeing the back story is important as we realize how "naughty" Israel had been. Forgetful of their God, emboldened in their will, captive by their enemies ... 
I was instantly reminded of my babies. C & C have very opinionated wills even at 3 yrs and 7 months. My daughter, C #1, is especially strong willed and independant. We clashed wills all morning yesterday a.m., made worse by the fact that I am sick and she has pink eye. Finally, I set her firmly on my lap and said, "you need to listen to me. When I say 'no', I mean 'no'!" I was adament. Firm. Motherly. Authoratative. C#1 replied with blonde curls and blue eyes insistant and equally as adament, "But Mommy, your 'yes' COULD mean 'yes'!" 
Sigh. It could mean 'yes'. I could tell her 'yes'. But I cannot let her run away with her will. How the Lord must grieve over his children who willfully oppose Him. Until, the will is steered back in His direction. Eyes turned back on the Lord in His glory and majesty.
He is in our midst and mighty to save.
He rejoices over us with GLADNESS.
How I relate. My daughter fell asleep with flushed cheeks, runny nose, runny eyes, and crusty tear ducts. Oh, how I love you, Little One. My heartbeat. My miracle. My precious gift of God. I rejoice over every eyelash, every little finger and toe ...
He will quiet you by His love.
I hurry from the room and my sleeping, shuddering sobs baby girl down the hall to run to a screaming baby boy with equally crusty nose and croupy cough. He has yet to bare his will. C#2 simply wants comfort and closeness. To cling to the one he knows will give him security, meet his needs, and protect him. Quieted by love. 
He will exult over you with loud singing.
Well, I didn't sing loudly as I hummed in baby C#2's ear. But the little fuzzy dark head that nestled into my shoulder, wiping a long string of buggars on my shirt, and clenching my hair with a tiny fist ... it made me want to rejoice. 
If I feel this over my children, how much MORE does God hover over us? He CREATED these emotions, these devotions and dedications we have toward our children. I would die for my babies. 'Nuf said. 
Remember today, you are SAVED, you are REJOICED OVER, you are QUIETED, you are GOD'S JOY. You are preciousness in His eyes.
How have you known God's presence in your life recently?

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful. God's love, just so beautiful. Well said.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This image of a mother's love holding a snotty child stuck with me all day. Just keeps reminding me that God loved us while we were yet--snotty-sinners! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WHAT!!!! Hip hip hooray! :D

    Thanks, Jaime! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey friend! Please leave a comment, no lurking allowed ;)