Monday, November 26, 2012

Humble Pie for Thanksgiving?


A Psalm of Thanksgiving.

100 Make a joyful shout to the Lord, all you lands!
Serve the Lord with gladness;
Come before His presence with singing.
Know that the Lord, He is God;
It is He who has made us, and not we ourselves;[a]
We are His people and the sheep of His pasture.
Enter into His gates with thanksgiving,
And into His courts with praise.
Be thankful to Him, and bless His name.
For the Lord is good;
His mercy is everlasting,
And His truth endures to all generations. (NKJV)

by permission: www.freedigitalphotos.net


Well, I sampled peach pie, pumpkin pie and blueberry dessert over the course of last week's Thanksgiving festivities. There was also the option for apple and pecan pies, which I bypassed. But the pie that stayed with me the longest was the one we had for our service this morning at church--humble pie!

Verse 3 in particular reminds us during our thanksgiving--who we are NOT, and who God IS.  For God is God, and we are not Him. And it is He who made us, and not WE ourselves. 

I have no saavy words. No sage wisdom to impart. No secret to survive the holiday "crazies".  I only challenge you to remember this simple thing and rejoice that God is both Sovereign and Immanuel. He holds the world in His hands, and He sent His son to be our Saviour. 

May your upcoming holidays be filled with the joy of knowing such a great God.




8 comments:

  1. Thank the Lord for His sovereignty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen...

    So glad you posted that you moved.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loree!!! You were one of my bloggers I've been missing and that's why I posted on my old blog!! SO GLAD YOU FOUND ME AGAIN! :) :) )

      Delete
  3. This is such a pretty blog! Glad to find you again! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah Carrie! Loree--nice to meet you here, I can't wait to get to know all of Jaime's wonderful blog readers. Shouts out to Lindsay! Group Hug! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohh, second time today I've read about humility combined with thanksgiving. Pretty sure I need it. :) Thanks for such a great post!

    ReplyDelete

Hey friend! Please leave a comment, no lurking allowed ;)