Thursday, October 18, 2012

What's Your Coffee?

My morning routine is a bit like watching the movie Groundhog Day.

Seriously.

The alarm rings and I hit snooze exactly three times to rise thirty minutes later at precisely 6 a.m.

I take my vitamins and reach for the coffee filters. My eyelids half-mast I've been known to dump the previous day's grounds into the trash can without noticing my teen son didn't put a fresh trash bag in yet. Ugh.

Then it's two spoonfuls Folger's Decaf.
Next, time to grind the rich, full, Starbucks Breakfast Blend--two spoonfuls.

I make breakfast for everyone and ahhhhh---the first swig is ALWAYS the BEST!
I let it sit on my pallet, warm the roof of my mouth, wait for my sinuses to clear, then swallow--the warmth sliding to my middle.

I get a whole cup of 1/2-caff while I surf my blogs, Facebook, and check email.
It's "a warmer" then---cause that's what we say here in the midwest when we top off the cup--and I'm onto the treadmill to read through some edits before I fly out the door with my large red Longaberger travel mug full for the day.

Confession: I don't count the number of cups I drink before 2 p.m.

And tomorrow, I'll do it all again.

What's your sweet indulgence?

14 comments:

  1. I am the non-coffee freak. I think it screws up my adrenal system. I do love the taste but water is best for me. :O)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. water is best for us all!!! LOL - Which is why I mix my coffee grounds with it ;)

      Delete
  2. "My morning routine is a bit like watching the movie Groundhog Day." Me too. I'm an early riser, and the first thing I do is make a cup of coffee in my Keurig.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diane, I wish I could love water that much! Are you a tea drinker?

    Keurig's are great--it's on my wish list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not a coffee person at all. Don't hate! :) My husband is though, and he's been a big fan of that International Delight iced coffee lately. He did ask for a single cup Keurig, so I'll be on the hunt for one this year that's on sale.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LINDSAY! How do you even WRITE?? :) LOL

      Delete
  5. Of course ALL non-coffee lovers welcome Lindsay and Diane!! LOL :o)
    I made it all through college without it. But when the gourmet coffees came on the market, by best friend corrupted me for life--thanks Jayne!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Coffee runs through my veins. The blood drained out years ago. My morning routine? Sleep as late as possible, snuggle my babies, slap on some eyeliner then high-tail it to work as fast as possible where my admin assist has a coffee cup waiting for me with my creamer and all that needs to be done is pour gourmet hot stuff into the mug. I LOVE MY ADMIN!! I'm so grossly spoiled.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Where's my coffee IV (intravenous drip)!!??

      Delete
  7. Will I be booted from the community here if I admit I don't drink coffee?

    I drink Earl Grey tea. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That works Erica! I only have caffeine until about 1pm. Then I jump the fence to tea!! you are in good company! :o)

      Delete
  8. Hey it looks like us non-coffee girls might be taking over. I can't stand the stuff, but I worked as a barista in college so I can make a really good one :)

    My sweet indulgence is brownie mix. The good news is that it's been around for awhile so my husband has no idea the cooked version is *ahem* meant to be somewhat larger!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So, what shall we call "What's your coffee Thursdays?" Will take suggestions "Sweet Indulgence Thursdays?"
    Love it Kara!

    ReplyDelete

Hey friend! Please leave a comment, no lurking allowed ;)