Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Top 5 Things: Fall in the Midwest

Living in a woods in the midwest during the Fall season is a lovely time of year. My father-in-law lives in Florida and recently requested that I take some pictures of the fall foliage he misses living down south year round. Sometimes it's easy to forget not everyone gets to see the colors we have here, so I'm sharing some pics with you.



Thinking about fall today as the wind blows and huge fluffy white clouds float past my window view in the office I write in--I'm grateful God made our seasons.





My top five favorite things about fall are:

1. The colors of the sugar maple trees



2. Wearing sweatshirts


3. Football games


4. The first fire in our wood stove, and of course reading a book there while covered under a blanket!




5.  Putting flannel sheets on the bed


So what's your favorite thing about Fall where you live?



7 comments:

  1. On Sunday I let my son pick out a couple of pumpkins and I bought a flat of pansies. I'm not much of a gardener, but I'm loving having the front of my house dressed up for fall. My son has to go out in the the front yard every day to "visit" his pumpkin. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I love that Julie. I think this is the first year in ages that I didn't get pumpkins. We did so much for our spring spruce up for the house for my daughter's graduation last year, that I decided just to enjoy God's decorations and save a dime.

      Delete
  2. Love the photos! I love firepits outside and weenie roasts. Apple cider and pumpkins. Hayrides and long walks. Fall is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just had warm apple cider yesterday at the hotel at my conference. Yum!

      Delete
  3. Aw, I wish we had pretty colors here in Arizona! But nope...it's the same. BUT I love how the air turns crisper and I can actually sit outside. It's so lovely this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your top 5! God knew what he was doing when he made such different and stunning seasons! Fall's a fav though!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sure there are beautiful colors in every part of the world! But Maple Tree leaves are a favorite of mine!

    ReplyDelete

Hey friend! Please leave a comment, no lurking allowed ;)