Tuesday, October 30, 2012

These Are a Few of My Favorite Things

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens ... Garsh I love Sound of Music. It's one of my favorite things. I feel like a favorite things Tuesday. Why? Just because it's Autumn, and it's my day to blog -- so I can! :)

These are a few of my favorite things:

Pin boards on Pinterest and blog posts with comments
Long winter scarves and cute fridgerator magnets
little girls and little boys that giggle as they sing
these are a few of my favorite things ...

Coffee with soy milk and hazelnut for flavor
fireplaces that roar and hot chocolate to savor
orange and brown pillows that smoosh when I lean
these are a few of my favorite things ...

When my work sucks
When the kids are sick
When I'm feeling bad ...
I simply remember I have you as friends
and then I don't feel so sad

There ya have it... My favorite things Tuesday. What's your favorite things? 

and ONE MORE favorite thing! ANITA HIGMAN'S NEW BOOK "A Merry Little Christmas"! Cute in its hardback binding, warm 1960's flavor, and sentimental romance. I'll be interviewing Anita on Friday and guess what? We're giving away THREE COPIES of this Christmas story! Comment every day and your name will be entered once for every comment! Winners will be announced Monday, 11/5! (Sorry, US citizens only)

18 comments:

  1. Great job on the favorite things!! Loved it! :)

    Oh, and that book? LOVED it!! Such a wonderful Christmas story in a beautiful little binding/cover. Loved it. As I told Anita, when I finished reading it, I felt like I was on a cloud of contentedness. So good. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cloud of contentedness!!! Love that line! So true too.

      Delete
  2. Coffee with real cream and a fall candle burning. Soup in the crockpot and warm, fuzzy slippers.

    Favorites, all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay, real cream is a MUST for coffee :) No liquid plastic :)

      Delete
  3. Haha, I was singing it in my head as I read. :P Nice work.

    My favorite things? Sour candy, a good book, and puppies snuggling at my feet. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) So did ya sing Julie Andrews all day? :) sour candy? Wasn't expecting that but love it!:) Hope your baby feels better today! :(

      Delete
    2. Like green apple jolly ranchers? eww that's a memory! :o) Pucker!!

      Delete
  4. Guess what song I'll be humming all day! :)

    favorite things...Earl Grey tea, chatting with friends, the perfect pillow when I lay down to sleep at night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We seriously need a Sound of Music day!! Whatdya say? :)

      Delete
  5. Thanks for dropping by and for taking an interest in my book. I'd love to play. Three of my favorite things are Sunday afternoon naps, big gooey chocolate bars, and mending fences...

    Anita Higman

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. GOOEY CHOCOLATE BARS!!!!!! and mending fences and outside work around the farm/house is the best. Such a homey feeling of accomplishment.

      Delete
  6. My favorite things? A chocolate (or vanilla) milkshake from Chick Fil A. A nice, buttery slice of vanilla or lemon pound cake! A good book that'll keep me reading throughout the night!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can you believe I've never had the chance to eat at a Chick Fil A?? Pound cake! yum. And yeah to good books!

      Delete
  7. Ok, long day. But finally checking in.
    Fav things:
    --s'mores over the kitchen burner
    --Harvest Moon
    --blue skies and sunshine

    ReplyDelete

Hey friend! Please leave a comment, no lurking allowed ;)